We all know that in the past month everything has been hectic. This corona Virus is getting out of hand in some places. Which means some places are running out of supplies.
Use these methods to ensure your safety to disinfect.
The easiest remedy is bleach; ½ cup of bleach in a gallon of water is a good disinfect mix. You then can fill a few spray bottles and place them in the kitchen or coffee nooks in your office or home. You can even add this mixture to a paper towel – cut in half in a Tupperware container and use them as disinfecting wipes.
You should spray this mixture and wipe with a clean, dry cloth. Leaving the spray solution on the surface for a period of time (dwell time of 3-5 minutes) will help to ensure a complete job of disinfection for counters and door handles. It is key to use a clean cloth or paper towels that you can dispose of or wash immediately after use.
In using a bleach solution you need to be sure you are not using it on a surface, which can be affected by bleach. If you use bleach near carpet, for example, be aware what can go wrong will go wrong and spilling bleach on carpet is not a “good thing”.
Here are some disinfectants listed on the CDC site that are effective as well.
- Lysol disinfecting S.A cleaner RTU (ready to use)
- Claire disinfecting spray
- Lysol disinfectant wipes
- Zep refresh RTU spray
- Comet disinfecting bathroom cleaner
- Mr. Clean multi-surface cleaner
- Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaner
For a complete list of dozens more disinfectants, visit the CDC site.
What is the bottom line in killing bacteria and flu viruses?
- SOCIAL DISTANCING! STAY HOME!
- The most important ways to combat the spread of colds and flu is hand-washing, covering your mouth when coughing and sneezing. This is followed by maintaining clean surfaces.
- Understand that the transmission of colds and flue is most often person to person and rarely from surfaces.
Stay safe out there my friends. Lower the curve and stay in while you can. Take that needed break and relax a bit. Turn on a beach scene on the TV and pretend you’re on vacation!
Use tips from TheDivineMoon.com for natural ways to meditate, calm your mind and be safe.
Healthy Wholesome Homemade