It’s CHRISTMAS TIME!!!! and If you haven’t noticed,I’m a low carb holiday expert!
CHECK OUT MY new paperback published book Homemade Holidays It’s also available in a PDF version at a much lower cost here—> Homemade Holidays PDF ! It has amazing recipes just like this one so check it out! All the recipes are Keto- Paleo- Gluten free- Egg Free- Sugar free- Grain free- Starch free!
This pull apart tree is super easy to make and has the taste and texture as a pastry. You can use this dough to make festive pizzas, change the toppings and make a Pesto Cheese Tree, a Taco Wreath or even a Spinach Dip Reindeer!
Today I made a normal pizza tree – because I was craving pizza. I even made mini ornament pizzas! For a dessert like treat, add nut butters or chocolate and nuts mmm I cant wait to try it with my hazelnut wholesome, homemade butter!
Please remember to share share share my delicious recipes! I work super hard on designing them just for you!
Drop me a line on my website and tell me how you liked this recipe! Tag me in your pictures @healthywholesomehomemade on social media if you make it! I love seeing others cook my dishes!
Dont forget to subscribe to Healthy Wholesome Homemadeby clicking the subscribe button, be the first to know about deals, recipes and Keto updates!
See the recipe video for guidance!
Low Carb Pull Apart Christmas Tree
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Warm Water
- 2 Cups Almond flour
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tsp Xanthan gum
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- 3 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup (The yeast cancels these carbs out in the chemical process)
- 5 Tbsp Tomato Paste (I used Italian spices to enhance the flavor)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- *Desired Tree Decorations / Toppings
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- In a bowl, combine the yeast and warm water, set aside for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- In another large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- Pour in the butter, maple syrup, yeast water and water. Mix until a dough forms. It should be stiff to the touch.
- Roll out half the dough between 2 pieces of parchment. Remove top piece of paper and cut a tree shape with a pizza cutter and set aside for 20 mins to rise. Repeat with other half of dough. Making similar sizes.
- Spread the tomato paste on one tree half. Covering all of it.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the tomato paste.
- Gently remove the top tree layer prom the parchment and flip on top of the cheese making a tree sandwich.
- Using the pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut slits on the sides of the tree about 1 – 2 inches apart.
- Gently twist each side piece and laying it back down twisted.
- Add toppings and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm
Nutrition Per Serving
1 serving = aprox 4 pieces of the tree
Total Fat 12.3g
Total Carbohydrates 9.3g
Dietary Fiber 4.6g
Net carbs per serving: 4.7g
* You can use different toppings, make different shapes or even just make pizza. Enjoy!
If you need a NUT FREE RECIPE, try my KETO Bread recipe and cut it in half to make this delicious treat. Just only let it rise for 40 minutes instead of 2 hours and then bake.
You can even make festive pizzas using a cookie cutter.