The NUMBER ONE requested recipe from the Keto world has got to be a perfect low carb bread.
Well, I have some amazing news for you!
I have perfected my recipe to create such a thing!
It has all keto approved ingredients and renders just 1 NET carb per slice!
****THIS RECIPE IS GRAIN FREE, SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE, OVO VEGETARIAN, NUT FREE, KETO APPROVED, PALEO APPROVED, LOW CARB APPROVED.
NOTE: THIS RECIPE USES VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN BUT DOES NOT CONTAIN WHEAT. IT IS NOT GLUTEN FREE SO IF YOU HAVE A GLUTEN INTOLERANCE I WOULD AVOID THIS BREAD. SYMPTOMS OF GLUTEN ALLERGY CAN INCLUDE STOMACHE PAINS, BOWEL ANDF STOOL PROBLEMS, AS WELL AS FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS. IF YOU HAVE EATEN NORMAL GLUTEN BREAD IN THE PAST WITH NO SUCH ISSUES, THIS BREAD WILL BE FINE FOR YOU TO EAT. ****
It does take some work to make this recipe, a few extra steps and ingredients but it’s soooo worth it! If you have a good stocked keto pantry, then you already probably have all these ingredients. If not, you will find the links to purchase them listed in the recipe itself. Just click the ingredient name. I try to get the lowest cost but best value – ingredients for my readers.
You can freeze the bread and take a slice out of the freezer 30 mins before eating or throw it in the toaster and cream some delicious butter on top.
I find this bread is best stores in the fridge for up to 8 days. The moisture content will cause it to go bad if left out on the counter at room temperature.
You can also substitute the flax for ground hemp seeds to make white bread. I absolutely love that version and recommend you try it as well. The flax adds a bit more fibre to the slice which is why I incorporated it in this version.
Catch my other videos as well as this one on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL at the link below! ENJOY MY FRIENDS!
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO HERE
- 1 cup of warm water (aprox. 50 degrees celsius)
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp organic honey (will cancel itself out by the yeast)
- 1 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup oat fiber
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup golden flax seeds (ground into meal flour)
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 + 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tbsp swerve confectioners
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees F or set on warm if you have the setting. Let heat up fully then turn off.
- In a measuring cup, add the water and using a thermometer make sure it’s 50 degreed celsius but no more than 60 or it will kill the yeast.
Stir in the yeast until completely dissolved. Next stir in the honey and set aside.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Whisk until incorporated.
- In the mixer with paddle attachment, add all the ingredients and on low speed mix for 3 minutes. If you have a dough hook you can change it to the hook and mix for another 4 minutes. I like to knead by hand. Mould it into a oval smooth ball and place into a bread pan. I use this Copper Chef one because it never sticks and is easy to remove.
- Place the bread in the warm oven and let rise for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and open the door. This will make it so the bread doesn’t fall on the top. Let cool in oven for 1 hour and then remove.
- Let fully cool and then slice into 16 -18 thin slices. (Marcos below are for 18 slices)
- Store in fridge for up to 8 days.
This bread toasts amazingly. Try it out!
Nutrition Per Serving = 18 servings
1 serving = 1 slice
Total Fat = 1.5g
Carbohydrates = 7.4g
Dietary Fiber = 4.9g
Sugar Alcohols = 1
Protein = 5.9g
Total Net Carbohydrates: 1.5g
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
Join the Keto Diet Group or RATE MY PLATE KETO on Facebook and share your experiences and food creations. I’ve created these groups for sharing everything about low-carb, keto & low carb living including your favourite recipes, tips and success stories. Feel free to post your recipe creations, progress updates and any questions you may have about the ketogenic diet.
Tag me in your INSTAGRAM posts and lets share our keto worlds together! www.instagram.com/healthywholesomehomemade
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.