This recipe is Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Sugar Free and Grain Free
I had such a craving I decided to make donuts! And these are the BEST KETO DONUTS AROUND! GET UP AND MAKE THESE NOW!
SHARE THIS RECIPE ASAP SO OTHER KETORS DONT HAVE TO SUFFER !
Eating keto can becoming expensive. One of my goals as a keto meal designer and personal cook are to keep my costs as low as possible. So here is a great dish that won’t hurt your wallet!
Try it out today! You can drop me a line on my website and tell me how you liked this recipe! Tag me in your pictures on facebook or instagram if you make it! I love seeing others cook my dishes!
Get the TOP KETO RECIPES in “THE BEST OF KETO” book. Available NOW on my website with over 100 new keto recipes! Check it out now! Also check out my book tour dates page to see when im in an area near you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to The Best of Keto by clicking the subscribe button, be the first to know about new recipes and my upcoming book! Plus get access to the weekly newsletter and special Keto offers only for subscribers!
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
FOR THE DONUTS
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1/4 CUP SWERVE CONFECTIONERS
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of butter softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
FOR THE CANDIED PECANS
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons swerve
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease and flour (with coconut flour) a donut pan.
2. Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, spices and xanthan gum. Set aside.
3. Heat up water, butter, sweetener and salt in medium pot until it just begins to simmer. Lower heat to low and add in flour mixture, mixing constantly to incorporate. Continue to cook until dough thickens.
4. Transfer dough back to mixer bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add in one egg at a time, mixing with an whisk attachment mixer until fully incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract and baking powder. The final dough should be very mushy.
6. Spoon dough into a piping bag or plastic bag. Cut out bottom of piping bag 3/4 inch wide. Pipe out dough into donut pan moulds, bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and tip the donuts over onto cooling rack.
7. In a frying pan add the butter on medium heat and whisk in swerve and pecans until fully melted. Let cool and harden on parchment.
8. In mixer with whisk, add all frosting ingredients and whip until fluffy.
9. Spread frosting on donuts and sprinkle with candied pecans.
Net carbs 5g
Want more KETO Treats!?
Check out this amazing Chicken Parm
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
Join the Keto Diet Group or RATE MY PLATE KETO on Facebook and share your experiences and food creations. I’ve created these groups for sharing everything about low-carb, keto & low carb living including your favourite recipes, tips and success stories. Feel free to post your recipe creations, progress updates and any questions you may have about the ketogenic diet.
Tag me in your INSTAGRAM posts and lets share our keto worlds together! www.instagram.com/healthywholesomehomemade
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.