This recipe is Keto, Gluten Free, Sugar Free and Grain Free
Easter is around the corner and what better recipe to make than CARROT CAKE!? As you probably know, I really enjoy making festive recipes. So this one is going to blow you away with taste. It is so moist, and the frosting is super light. I honestly will make this a lot. You can even wrap the slices individually and freeze them for another day!
Happy Easter everyone! Enjoy this amazing treat!
But hey – you’ll need to try it for yourself so you believe me. 😉
I’m not going to sit here and write a whole script on how you should try this recipe. I’m going to let the food speak for itself. If you LOVE this recipe as much as I do than do me a fave and spread it.
Speaking of sharing – copy this link and share with your Keto – Low Carb Friends! —>
IngredientsFOR THE CAKE
- 2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 1 Cup of Golden Flax, Ground
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 + 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1/2 Cup Golden Monk Fruit
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Allspice
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
FOR THE FROSTING
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease 2 x 10 inch cake pans.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Slowly Add in the dry cake ingredients and fold until well combined.
- Next add the nuts and carrots. Folding in well.
- Scoop the batter into the cake pans 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cake comes out clean. The less baking, the more moist the cake will be.
- Cool fully before frosting.
- For the Frosting – Add 1 cup of powdered erythritol, 2 tbsp butter and cream cheese to a mixer. Whip with whisk attachment for 3 minutes. Add whipping cream and whip again for 30- 60 seconds until fully combined and fluffy. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and whip for 5 – 10 seconds. It will cause the dairy to curdle if you add it in before the cream so wait until the end. Spread the icing on the cake covering the middle, top and sides and place in fridge for 60 minutes to set before serving. Cut into 12.
Net carbs for 10 slices = 5 (if you want larger slices). ENJOY!
This recipe even works for CUPCAKES! This batch makes aprox. 24 cupcakes.
Nutrition Per Serving
1 serving = 1 slice including frosting
Total Fat 35.2g
Total Carbohydrates =27g
Dietary Fiber =4.9g
Total overall Sugar Alcohols 18g
Net carbs per serving: 4.1g
Want more KETO Treats!?
Check out this amazing Bagel Recipe!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
Join the Keto Diet Group or RATE MY PLATE KETO on Facebook and share your experiences and food creations. I’ve created these groups for sharing everything about low-carb, keto & low carb living including your favourite recipes, tips and success stories. Feel free to post your recipe creations, progress updates and any questions you may have about the ketogenic diet.
Tag me in your INSTAGRAM posts and lets share our keto worlds together! www.instagram.com/healthywholesomehomemade
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
One thought on “KETO CARROT CAKE WITH FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (4 net carbs)”
My printer says, “This website has been automatically blocked from printing.”
So frustrating! Like I’ve said previously, I print recipes all the time and this is the first time I’ve seen this message pop up. The cake was very good and I left a review on IG. Thank you!