This recipe is Keto- Gluten Free- Paleo, Sugar Free and Grain Free
I LOVE FUNNEL CAKE! – This Recipe is amazing for low carb – keto funnel cake! You can make it into a large funnel cake by just squirting the batter into the hot oil, layering and then flipping. ORRR you can make little dippers! I prefer the dippers because they are sharable and get crunchy on the ends.
But hey – you’ll need to try it for yourself so you believe me. 😉
I’m not going to sit here and write a whole script on how you should try this recipe. I’m going to let the food speak for itself. If you LOVE this recipe as much as I do than do me a huge fav and spread it.
Speaking of sharing – copy this link and share with your Keto – Low Carb Friends! —>
Crunchy, Sweet and Satisfying!
FOR THE CARAMEL
FOR THE frying
1. Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, spices and xanthan gum. Set aside.
2. Heat up water, butter, sweetener and salt in medium pot until it just begins to simmer. Lower heat to low and add in flour mixture, mixing constantly to incorporate. Continue to cook until dough thickens.
3. Transfer dough back to mixer bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Add in egg, mixing with a whisk attachment mixer until fully incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract and baking powder. The final dough should be very mushy.
5. Spoon dough into a piping bag or plastic bag. Cut out bottom of piping bag 1/4 inch wide.
6. Heat up oil in a non stick pan or deep fryer about 350F. Gently pipe out dough into the oil directly about 4 inches long. Cut dough off with scissors to speed up the piping. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Flipping them as they cook.
7. Remove from oil and let rest on paper towel, absorbing the oil. Sprinkle with sugar dust while warm. Serve immediately.
Cooking with hot oil is very dangerous. Always watch the pan and never leave it while frying. Be careful with the oil because it can leave serious burns. Only people experienced with frying in oil should attempt this recipe.
Nutrition Per Serving
1 serving = 1 stick
Total Fat = 2.9g
Dietary Fiber =0.4g
Total overall Sugar Alcohols 0.8g
Net carbs per serving: 0.1g (Pretty much zero net carbs!)
Want more KETO Treats!?
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
Join the Keto Diet Group or RATE MY PLATE KETO on Facebook and share your experiences and food creations. I’ve created these groups for sharing everything about low-carb, keto & low carb living including your favourite recipes, tips and success stories. Feel free to post your recipe creations, progress updates and any questions you may have about the ketogenic diet.
Tag me in your INSTAGRAM posts and lets share our keto worlds together! www.instagram.com/healthywholesomehomemade
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.