I absolutely love mushrooms. This vegan, keto friendly option is perfect for those who are trying to cut the dairy and need a tasty side dish! I make this weekly and it is a staple in my home.
Vegan Mushroom Risotto
- 4½ cups Cauliflower, “riced”
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb Portobello, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup organic vegetable broth
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- dash of black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional but SUPER yummy!)
- Place cut cauliflower pieces in a blender and pulse until you get small pieces of “rice”- like cauliflower bits.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. You want the oil to be dark in colour.
- Remove mushrooms and their liquid and set aside.
- Add the coconut cream to the pan with the veggie broth and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice, stirring to coat with coconut cream / broth, about 2 minutes. Add garlic powder to the “rice,” and stir until the broth is absorbed, approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, chives, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, toss and serve. (Optional but SUPER yummy)
Lower the servings amount and you will lower the carbohydrate value. Nutritional yeast is optional. It provides several healthy benefits, including magnesium, vitamin B and acts sort of like a parmesan substitute, taste wise.
Nutrition Per Serving
1 serving = 3/4 cup Aprox.
Total Fat 8.7g
Total Carbohydrates =14.2g
Dietary Fiber =6.6g
Net carbs per serving: 7.6g
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Get over 100 more Keto recipes in my BIG cookbook “The Best of Keto”, available now!