Who loves baileys?! I DO!
Baileys Irish cream is a staple in my family, especially around the holidays and new years!
So easy to make, all you need is a pot and a blender. I just made a huge bottle and it will be chilled in time for new years eve! But be careful, it has a serious bang!
Enjoy and happy new year to all my low carb, healthy eating friends. Wishing you the best health in 2019!
LOW CARB BAILEYS IRISH CREAM
Low Carb Condensed Milk(pre make for baileys recipe):
- 2 tbsp butter 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (you can use almond, the cashew adds a better taste)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute Sukrin Gold ( you can use white sugar sub, golden adds caramel taste)
Baileys Irish Cream:
- 1 cup Low Carb condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whiskey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz strong coffee or 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- Prepare the low carb condensed milk. Place the butter into a sauce pan. Cook over a medium heat until it starts to foam and brown. This will take just a few minutes and you should keep an eye on it to prevent burning. Browning the butter will enhance the flavour.
- Pour in the cream and almond milk. Don’t panic when you see the butter floating on top at first. Add the sweetener and mix until well combined. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Once it starts simmering, turn the heat down to low. Reduce the to about half of the volume. This will take 25-30 minutes. This will make 1.5 to 2 cups. You will only need 1 cup for the baileys. Store the rest in a jar in fridge and you can use it to make my keto rolled ice cream!
- Then add the vanilla extract, almond extract, cacao powder and coffee. Blend on medium-low until just combined. High speed blenders can curdle your Baileys! Make sure to use a slow-medium speed. If the mixture curdles, strain the liquid through a sieve and discard any curdles.
- Pour in cleaned wine bottle and keep in fridge, chill at least 2 hrs before serving. . Serve over ice.
- To store, keep sealed in glass containers for up to 6 weeks. ( I use old wine bottles, sterilized. )
- Shake well before serving.
3.When done, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down to room temperature. Place in blender and blend to make smooth and strain to remove clumps.
4.To make the Baileys, place the condensed milk into a blender. Add heavy whipping cream and whiskey.
Dont drink and drive! Arrive alive and be safe!
Nutrition Per Serving
1 serving = 1 fluid oz
Total Fat 12.1g
Total Carbohydrates =1.1g
Dietary Fiber =0.1g
Net carbs per serving: 1g
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
Get over 40 more holiday recipes in my NEW cookbook Homemade Holidays, available now!