The past weeks have been trying times in households with the pandemic. I know its hard for some families to get out and get anything but essentials so we have made it our goal to help everyone during the pandemic with recipes, low car and high carb. I know I do most of the cooking for my family and many of my readers do as well. Stay healthy and positive.
****THIS RECIPE IS NOT LOW CARB****
We have developed a great bagel recipe that tastes just like you picked them up from the bakery! I know bagels can be tedious to make because of the poaching and resting processes. But use this fool proof method and you will have amazing bagels fresh at home within 1.5 hrs.
You can also add flax or ground hemp seeds to make it healthier. I absolutely love that version and recommend you try it as well. The flax adds a bit more fibre to the slice which is why I incorporated it in this version.
Catch my other recipes as well as my YOUTUBE CHANNEL ! ENJOY MY FRIENDS!
- 2 cups of warm water (aprox. 100 Degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar (to activate yeast)
- 1 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 5 + 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda (for poaching water)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (for poaching water)
- Water for pot to poach in
- Everything seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese Grated
- In a bowl, Add 2 cups of water, yeast and sugar to activate. Let sit for 4 mins.
- Add the flour, salt, and yeast water to a mixer with dough hook and mix on low medium for 10 minutes. (or you can knead by had for 10 minutes until the dough springs back when poked)
Divide dough into 12 parts and shape into balls by tucking the dough under and making the top smooth. Please on a greased baking sheet and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Poke a hole in each ball of dough ad lightly stretch and rotate until the size preferred.
Place back on baking sheet to finish rising 30 mins.
- Boil a large pot of water and add the remaining sugar and baking soda. This will help the bagels form a chewiness to the outside and not a hard crunch. I think this step is essential in bagel making because they are known for their chewiness.
- Drop the risen doughs into the boiling water and poach 60 seconds each side then remove and dip into seasoning of your choice, please on parchment lined baking sheets. Sprinkle cheese on top before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from over and let cool fully before putting in bread bags.
- Store in fridge for up to 14 days. (high moisture content, can mold easy on counter)
Please note *we do not calculate nutrition for non low carb recipes.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it
#HEALTHYWHOLESOMEHOMEMADE or tag me
@healthywholesomehomemade on Instagram
Join the Keto Diet Group or RATE MY PLATE KETO on Facebook and share your experiences and food creations. I’ve created these groups for sharing everything about low-carb, keto & low carb living including your favourite recipes, tips and success stories. Feel free to post your recipe creations, progress updates and any questions you may have about the ketogenic diet.
Tag me in your INSTAGRAM posts and lets share our keto worlds together! www.instagram.com/healthywholesomehomemade
As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. There are affiliate links in this post of which I receive a small commission. All opinions are always my own.
This recipe is easy and I bet you have most, if not everything, you need to make it at home right now. It also comes together in under 10 minutes!
The moment Fall hits, we rush to our local coffee shop and order a pumpkin spice latte. We love them so much, but nowhere serves Keto – low carb or sugar free lattes, so we took it upon ourselves to try making it at home.
HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING! I am thankful for all my followers and readers this year! As I am so thankful to all my readers, I have designed the best Pumpkin pie of all time! It’s a PECAN PUMKIN PIE ALL IN ONE! (But Keto style)
This no bake Keto friendly low carb cheesecake is to DIE for!