This is an easy dish that will feed the whole family in just 1 hour.
It’s super filling and hearty. Definitely a good meal for breaking a fast.
Eating keto can becoming expensive. One of my goals as a keto meal designer and personal cook are to keep my costs as low as possible. So here is a great dish that won’t hurt your wallet!
Try it out today! You can drop me a line on my website and tell me how you liked this recipe! Tag me in your pictures on facebook or instagram if you make it! I love seeing others cook my dishes!
Get the TOP KETO RECIPES in “ THE BEST OF KETO” book. Available NOW on my website with over 100 new keto recipes! Check it out now! Also check out my book tour dates page to see when im in an area near you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to The Best of Keto by clicking the subscribe button, be the first to know about new recipes and my upcoming book! Plus get access to the weekly newsletter and special Keto offers only for subscribers!
Keto Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Beef Bone Broth
- ½ Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Cup Broccoli Diced
- 1 Cup Radish Diced
- 1 Cup Cremini Mushroom Diced
- 1 Cauliflower Head
- ½ Cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On the stove over medium heat, fry the ground beef, ¼ cup of the butter and spices until golden brown.
- While frying the beef, cut the cauliflower into florets and steam for 15 minutes on high.
- Back to the beef – when its fully browned, add the broth and bring to a boil. Whisk in the xanthan gum and pour beef mixture into a deep casserole dish.
- Top the beef mixture with the diced broccoli, radish and mushrooms. Make sure to press down so they are firmly in place on top of the beef.
- Back to the cauliflower – place the florets, ¼ cup of the butter and cream in a blender. Blend on high or puree setting for 30 seconds until it resembles mashed potatoes.
- Spread the cauliflower on top of the veggies and beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Scoop onto plate with a spatula and top with cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving Fat: 23g Protein: 21.9g Carbs: 9.3g Fiber: 4.4g Net Carbs: 4.9g