ROTI! ROTI! ROTI!
I used to eat roti every time I would go into the city. I love roti! Here is my take on a Trinidadian Chicken Curry Filling with a Sweet Crusty Roti Shell. Im Calling it: THE ULTIMATE KETO ROTI!
Eating keto can becoming expensive. One of my goals as a keto meal designer and personal cook are to keep my costs as low as possible. Keep in mind I also prefer to use organic ingredients so here is a great dish that won’t hurt your wallet!
Try it out today! You can drop me a line on my website and tell me how you liked this recipe! Tag me in your pictures on facebook or instagram if you make it! I love seeing others cook my dishes!
Stay tuned for over 100 recipes just as good as this one with the book “ The Best of Ketogenic” which releases Monday Mach 19th on Amazon WORLD WIDE!
Don’t forget to subscribe to The Best of Keto by clicking the subscribe button, be the first to know about new recipes and my upcoming book! Plus get access to the weekly newsletter and special Keto offers only for subscribers!
The Ultimate Keto Roti
- 1 Whole Chicken Cooked and Peeled or 4 Chicken Breasts uncooked
- ½ Cup Avocado Oil ( I Use This! )
- 3 Tablespoon Curry Powder ( I Use This! )
- ¼ Onion Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice ( I Use This! )
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg ( I Use This! )
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika ( I Use This! )
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme ( I Use This! )
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin ( I Use This! )
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper ( I Use This! )
- 5 Radishes Cubed
- 3 Cups Chicken Bone Broth ( I Use This! )
- Dash of Cayenne ( I Use This! )
- Pink Himalayan Salt to Taste ( I Use This! )
- ½ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum ( I Use This! )
The Best of Keto’s Roti Wrap
- 1 1/3 Cups Coconut Flour ( I Use This! )
- ¼ Cup Psyllium Husk Powder ( I Use This! )
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Flax Seeds ( I Use This! )
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder ( I Use This! )
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil For Frying ( I Use This! )
- Make the Curry Mixture first in a slow cooker, Place the broth, oil, veggies, spices and chicken in a slow cooker on low. Whisk in the Xanthan Gum around the 4 hour mark. Shred the chicken at this time too if using uncooked chicken. Leave for remaining 4 hours.
- Meanwhile make the Roti at the 7 hr mark.
- Mix Coconut flour with flax and baking powder.
- Make a well and add the warm water. Mix well until it makes a dough, Let rest 15 minutes.
- Cut and shape the dough into 12 balls.
- Using parchment and a silicone rolling pin (I use this), roll out the dough into a circular shape. Use a knife or pizza cutter to trim the edges so it makes an even circular shape.
- Grease a pan with oil, over medium heat and gently flip the parchment over so the roti becomes detached. Gently place on frying pan. Brush oil on the top uncooked side while cooking. Fry until golden and flip, cooking the other oiled side until golden too. Approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place on a warm plate and repeat with the rest of the dough balls. I roll the dough out while one is cooking, getting it ready to go on the pan.
- To serve, scoop a dollop of the curried mixture on the roti and fold over the edges. Can be cut in half or eaten as a wrap.
Nutrition Per Serving(12 Roti)
Net Carbs: 3.6g
This is a real Paratha Roti I made for my hubby compared to my Keto Roti
One thought on “The Ultimate Keto Roti”